Earthquakes and animals : from folk legends to science /
"Those who survive major earthquakes often report the occurrence of mysterious phenomena beforehand - unusual animal and plant behavior, lightning, strange clouds and malfunctioning electrical appliances. In fact these stories are legendary the world over. But are they merely legends? Are the m...
River Edge, NJ :
|Online Access:||Excerpt of chapter 1|
- Legends of unusual phenomena before earthquakes : wisdom or superstition?
- Precursors before recent earthquakes — Kobe, Izmit, Taiwan and India
- Earth sciences and electromagnetism
- Unusual animal behavior I : what do they detect? : electric field effects
- Unusual animal behavior II : rock compression and increased animal activity
- Unusual plant responses before earthquakes
- Atmospheric precursors : earthquake light, clouds, sun, moon, stars and rainbows
- Precursor phenomena : on land, sea and elsewhere
- Mysteries before earthquakes : the behavior of electric appliances
- Forecasting using animal monitoring
- Monitoring seismo-electromagnetic signals (SEMS) : a general survey.